Membership for Smaller Sports Clubs
White Ribbon UK provides programmes for sports clubs to ensure they are taking male violence against women seriously. Smaller and community sports clubs can apply for membership. Membership enables you to work towards reducing the risk of violence with training briefs, policy guidelines, literature and awareness raising materials.
Making the public statement that you follow White Ribbon UK guidelines helps players and supporters know that you take their safety seriously, and encourages men to change attitudes and their behaviour. This will improve your reputation in your local community.
Membership is free-of-charge and affiliates your club with the campaign; including a certificate, use of our logo and branding, and access to our e-learning. We provide members with policy guidelines, training briefs, appropriate signage and literature. We also provide ongoing support from our office staff and can link you in with local volunteer ambassadors.
Sports club membership requires making the following sports club commitment.
White Ribbon UK Sports Club Commitment
1. Adopt a zero-tolerance policy on harassment and abuse, with clear signage agreed with White Ribbon UK which states this.
2. Ensure staff and stewards receive training on issues concerning violence against women and girls.
3. Provide a straightforward way for players and supporters to report incidents of harassment and violence; and have clear policies in place for staff to assess and act accordingly.
4. Involve the community by holding at least one White Ribbon UK fundraising and awareness event each year.
5. Highlight White Ribbon Day on November 25th.
6. Encourage staff, players and customers to sign the White Ribbon UK pledge:
“I pledge never to commit, excuse or remain silent about
male violence against women”.